Thursday, February 24, 2011

Chorizo & Thyme Fougasse a la Lorraine Pascale

Can you guess I'm in love with Lorraine Pascale? She's the sole reason for me buying bread flour for the very first time. I'm sad her little series has ended on the BBC but I have a sneaking suspicion she'll be back soon...

After an uber successful Rosemary & Sea Salt Focaccia recipe by her, I just had to do the Chorizo and Thyme Fougasse. Muchos delicioso and another bang on attempt! Find Lorraine's recipe here.


This is truly a foolproof recipe, if yours truly doesn't stuff it up! It's super great fun pressing in those chorizo pieces into the risen dough.


The whole flat wafted with chorizo and thyme for a couple of days. MMMmmmm. The crust was wonderful and brown, the inside like a proper loaf! Pat on the back.


We enjoyed ours with Serrano Ham, Super Strong Cheddar and a glass of Rioja. Sublime. Come back, Lorraine, come back!

No comments: